Thursday, September 5, 2013

Someone Call the Fire Department!

Continuing with Rinda's Summertime Photo Scavenger Hunt, I have a little story that goes along with my next photo. I put up a bird feeder in my backyard this summer with the hope of attracting lots of beautiful birds to the area, but several times when I looked out the window, instead of seeing birds in the trees I saw this...

#9 Something That is Clearly Out of Place

...clearly not what I expected to see in the trees and clearly out of place!  We love this little cat who comes to visit us.  She's so friendly and "talkative" and the first time that we found her stranded in the tree we did our best to help her get down.

She meowed at us...


We called up to her, giving her verbal instructions even though we knew she couldn't understand a word of what we were saying...and she moved even further out on a limb...


And looked down longingly at the ground...and we joked that maybe we should call the fire department to rescue her...


But in the end we got a ladder and Chris was able to turn her around and guide her to a branch that was the logical route down...


And then she was on her way to the safety of the ground...


After doing this twice within about a week we realized that we couldn't drag the ladder outside all summer long to rescue this cat who probably didn't really need rescuing anyway.  Since then when we see her stranded high up in a tree we just watch, amused, as she eventually finds her own way down.  Just yesterday I saw her go higher and higher until she literally "fell" her way out of the tree, grabbing on to branch after branch with her claws until she finally landed at a large one near the bottom.  It's probably a good thing that cats have nine lives.  ;-)

Until next time...
Susan :-)

2 comments:

  1. LOL That little sweetie knew just what to do to get some love and attention. She is just such a gem! Great photo for the challenge. If by chance you are needing a fireman, I know just who to call and I know for a fact that he has experience in cat rescuing. Good thing Mo showed him into the amazing world of cats before he had to do this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story.
    Rinda
    p.s. I don't know how I missed your blog before. I'm enjoying going back to all your old hunt photos and will be adding you to my feedlyfeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.