Saturday, May 18, 2013

5 years - CSI Case No. 72

There's a new case file up on the CSI site with a great palette and a lovely inspirational image.


Although I had full intentions of scrapping one of our geocaching-related photos, the inspiration image and evidence prompts kept telling me that I needed to be scrapping something a bit more delicate so I switched gears and decided to do a page about the 5-year journals that I bought last year for Jen and myself.




This really is an amazing little book.  It's called "Q&A a day: 5-year journal - 365 questions * 5 years * 1825 answers".  There's a journaling prompt for each day in the form of a question or fill-in-the-blank and a small space where you can jot down a one or two sentence answer.  Most of the prompts are simple and straight-forward but some are a bit more thought-provoking.  There isn't a lot of room to write your answer so if you like to write a lot then this probably isn't the book for you.  But if you're looking for a simple way to record some of your thoughts and small bits of your life and personality then this is a really good way to do it.  And, the fun part will be reading back through the answers as the years go by to see how they've changed over the course of five years.

I used a sketch from one of Kristine Davidson's eBooks.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. OOO!! This is really pretty. I like your topic for your page. The background paper with the writing on it, so perfect! The color palette is really pretty too. I think a journal like that would be fun to have. I have not seen ones like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how pretty this is! I love the colours and the subject you have chosen to make your page about. That's one case beautifully solved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one Susan! The layering and mix of pattern is terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.