Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Little Bro - CSI Case No. 62

Yesterday's Crafty Tuesday with Jen was spent solving another case from the CSI challenge site.  We haven't worked on actual scrapbook pages together since 2011 when we collaborated on our parents' 50th wedding anniversary album.  It was quite enjoyable and we plan on doing it more often in the future.  Onto the case...


What a great colour combination!  Very inspiring and since it was the second week of the month we were also given a very inspiring sketch to use.  This sketch really spoke to my style of scrapping and seeing that grid design brought out the old quilter in me.  I immediately decided to form the grid with squares of patterned paper with hand stitching around each block.  I grabbed a photo of my brother that I'd been holding onto for close to three years now and here's what I came up with.




I've wanted to use that "polaroid effect" for a long time now and this was the perfect photo to try it out on.  I've included lots of little details on my page to represent my brother - typewriters, camera, film strip, musical note and the number "3" because he was the third child in our family.  Once again I pulled out my absolute favourite set of Thickers for the title.  It's slim pickins' now and I had to use my very last "7" for an "L".  This might have been the last title I'm able to squeeze out of this set.  What a sad, sad day.  ;-)

Until next time...
Susan :-)

1 comment:

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.