Friday, December 14, 2012

As the Year Winds Down...

...those of us who have been following Shimelle's monthly challenge "& Now For Something Completely Different" over at UK Scrappers must face the reality that IT'S ALMOST OVER!  Boo hoo!  I discovered this monthly challenge back in May and have followed it faithfully ever since.  It certainly does get you scrapping outside of your comfort zone.  Most months when I initially look at the instructions I wonder if I'll be able to produce a page that I'll like and I'm happy to say that every time I love the finished result and the fact that it is something completely different.

Shimelle recently posted the supply lists for the final two challenges and before I get to work on those I thought I'd share the layouts I did for the challenges from July to October which hadn't yet made it to my blog.

July

Thanks to Shimelle I finally found a way to use some of that awesome ViewMaster paper!  And, I finally started to scrap some of the photos from our trip to Jasper in the summer of 2011. 


August

This challenge presented the perfect opportunity to use several photos on one page and it worked perfectly for capturing the memory of our visit to the Muttart Conservatory in 2011.


September

We were fortunate to see so many wonderful animals when we visited Jasper.  I took lots of photos but could never figure out how to get them all onto one scrapbook page.  Once again, Shimelle to the rescue!    


October

I love the simplicity of this page.   Richard and I have been geocaching since 2007 and this page tells the story of our two most successful travel bugs which we released with missions to go to the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben.  Much to our surprise they actually made it!   


Yes, I'll be sorry to see these challenges end but I'm grateful that they inspired me to get some pages done.  Thank you, Shimelle!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. These are all fabulous pages, Susan!!! I love them all. I love the story about the mice!! I will need to check out the challenges. Even though they are done, maybe I can save them and use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the LO's that these challenges produced! Hopefully Shimelle will do another set in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its been a while since I visited....so in live with taht first layout and how you have used the view finder paper!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.