Monday, June 4, 2012

There's No Place Like Home...

...once you find it!  Back in November of 2010 Richard and I made the trip from Montreal to Edmonton to look for a place to live for our upcoming move to western Canada.  It was certainly one of the busiest and most stressful weeks of our life together.

There were many ups and downs and just two days before we were scheduled to return to Montreal, the condo which we had found and hoped would become our home, didn't meet our expectations during inspection and we were back at square one.  I resigned myself to postponing our move out west until springtime and returning to Edmonton then to continue our search.

Richard never lost faith that we would find a home during that trip.   We kept looking and as fate would have it, the very next afternoon we visited a condo and knew that it was perfect for us.  Within six hours we had it inspected and reached a deal with the seller.  It was hard to believe the way events unfolded so quickly during those final hours but we felt that it was all meant to be as we had found the place where we felt we truly belonged.

Jen took a photo of us one morning as we sat at the computer reviewing properties and making our plan for the day.


I used a sketch from Christine Davidson's ebook "Creating with Sketches".

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. A terrific LO! Love the soft tone of this and photo finish. Great to use the Fleur de Lise. Did I spell that right? You know how bad my french is! Love that SC background sheet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty!!! I love the softer color palette! I SO need to get my hands on that background piece. I still have pics to scrap when we were building this place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a story with a happy ending. I'm glad you found your place to call home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.