Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shimelle's Sketch of the Week

It's an overcast, looking-like-it's-going-to-rain day here in Edmonton - perfect for staying inside and scrapbooking but, not so great when you're trying to take a decent photo of what you've created and the light is horrible!  Oh well.

I've played along with Shimelle's Sketch of the Week again and once more I'm scrapping animals - squirrels this time.  I loved this week's sketch with its three tiny photos but wasn't sure I had anything similar in size until I went through my photo box and came across my squirrel photos.

I always enjoyed the abundant squirrel population of Quebec and that's one thing that's very different here in Alberta.  Squirrels are minimal in number as far as I can see.  I've only seen a couple and they were tiny creatures that seemed to be more a mix of squirrel and chipmunk rather than the larger animals we had back east. 

Here's my finished layout:


All of the papers are from Crate Paper, mostly from their older Lemon Grass line.  I basically followed Shimelle's sketch shown below, but ended up putting my journaling along the left side of the page because I had a lot to say about squirrels.  I actually had more to say but had to do some editing because I didn't have room to write it all in.  :-(  I just couldn't resist using that little squirrel diecut even if it is a tad kitchy!  When else would I get the chance?  LOL 


I'm so happy to finally have my squirrel photos scrapped.  I really enjoy watching Shimelle's weekly video and her sketches have really inspired me to get back into my scrap room lately.  I'm very grateful for that. 

Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. wow great photos and you went nutty on the layout. Great job. dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another terrific LO, Susan! Such sweet subject matter and the die cut is perfect! I really like the way you did the framing with the stamping! Terrific colour palette with such a fall-ish vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adore it... to cute this squirrels!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.