Friday, October 21, 2011

Project 365 - Week 13

I'm still plodding along slowly with this project but happy to be able to say that I'm still plodding along.  Yes, it's a tad uninspiring to work on due to the restriction I put on myself not to use buttons, brads and all things of a bumpy nature - although I have to say I'm happy with the result as far as how flat these pages are laying in the album.  Twenty-six pages in the album so far and it still closes beautifully without needing to add spacers or post extensions - a fiddly, time-consuming task which I really don't enjoy.

Anyway, I recently came up with a good idea to get myself scrapping these photos.  Since Jen and I have not been doing any scrappy projects during our weekly get-togethers and don't have plans for any right now, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to work on Project 365.  It motivates me to choose my sketches and pull out the supplies I need before going over there, and then I work on my pages while Jen does her own scrappy thing.

A couple of weeks ago I was able to get a good start on Week 13 and then finished it up here at home.  As a sidenote, our scrapping came to an end when Robert came home with cranberry-lemon scones from Starbucks and we decided to have tea instead!  But, had I not committed to working on my project at Jen's, I know these photos would still be sitting on my desk gathering dust!


I used this double-page sketch from Inspired Blueprints:


And with Week 13 finished that means I'm officially one-quarter done this project!  Here's hoping I can turn out some more pages in the near future!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh it came together so nicely, Susan! Perfect colours for your week's photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bumps would be very hard for me too. It's quite a different style of scrapbooking isn't it? But so effective for documenting and including lots of photos. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you enjoyed the scone. dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a huge accomplishment - I think I'd forget to take the pictures! Loving that LO! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.