Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pretty Paper Birdcage

I recently stumbled across a blog called KesiArt.  It is a French-language blog but even if you don't understand the language there is still lots of inspiration to be found there just by looking at the photos that are posted.

They featured a tutorial on making decorative paper birdcages which looked so adorable that I figured I'd try my hand at making one for my mother as a birthday gift.  I was lucky that my limited knowledge of French allowed me to basically understand the directions although I couldn't relate to the measurements being given in centimeters and had to convert those.

It took me about two hours from start to finish but a good deal of that time was spent looking through Cricut cartridges to find the images I wanted to cut out.  Having completed one birdcage, I know it would be quicker next time to create another.  The finished cage stands about 4 inches tall.  The objects inside the cage are attached with glue dots to a strip of acetate which gives them the appearance of being suspended in mid-air.  Very clever!


Seriously cute and very easy to make!  You can find the complete tutorial here.  If you decide to make one and need help translating the directions I'd be happy to help.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. A terrific project and wonderful gift for Mom!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and Awesome work. What a personal gift you made. I am sure your mom truly loved it. Great job! ydbnl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed seeing the small pieces of paper transformed into this really cute project. And yes Mom loved it!
    YDH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your birdcage turned out . I tried them last year . Wasn't as good as I'd liked it . lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.