Saturday, October 15, 2011

A...b...c...D...e...F...g...

We all have our weaknesses, don't we?  And when it comes to scrapbooking supplies my biggest weakness is alphas!  I love chipboard alphas, alpha stickers, teeny tiny alphas...basically alphas of any kind. 

Yesterday I stopped into my LSS because they were having a sale - 30% off everything in the store.  Hard to resist a sale like that!  In addition to some cardstock, patterned paper, glue dots and a new colour of distress ink, I bought three sets of alphas - grey and white Thickers and a cute set of tiny MME Lime Twist letters.  Of course, this prompted Richard to comment on the fact that I'd brought home yet more alphas and he asked me how many I have.  My best "guesstimate" was around 100 and seeing as I like to count things, we decided to do a tally just for fun.

Taa-dah!  My complete collection of alphabets laid out in all their glory!


- 2 sets of corrugated
- 1 set of wood veneer
- 15 Thickers
- 18 other assorted chipboard
- 59 sheets of letters stickers in a variety of sizes
- 25 packs of teeny tiny letters :-)

That's a grand total of 120 sets of alphabets.  Yikes...that makes me feel a little bit embarrassed!

The only thing I can say in my defense is that we need a good variety of alphas because you never know what a layout will call for as far as colour and style.  That's my excuse anyway.  ;-)  Having said that, I don't think I'll be buying anymore letters any time soon.  And, I think if I'm ever going to use up this huge supply then I'd better start coming up with some reeeeaaallly long titles for my scrapbook pages!

How about you?  How does your stash of alphas compare?


Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z ... now I know my abc's won't you sing with me. WEAKNESS or addiction. You girls kill me. Neat blog post. DBnL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum! WEAKNESS or addiction, good point DBnl. I would lean towards the latter. Hey, it's not so bad, the girls could be addicted to diamonds or European vacations!

    Fun blog. YDH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Susan, that is a lot of alphas. Do I dare to count? I still think you have more. ;) At least you are well stocked. You never know when there could be a sudden alpha shortage... just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm... welll... *blushing* I have a lot of alphas too. ;) I too maintain we need a good variety for we don't know what will go with our pages. Honestly, I don't know how many I have, but it's quite a few.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fantastic collection of alphas! My problem is that I keep mine in a drawer, which keeps getting overstuffed, so the ones on the top drop down the back of the drawer and I forget about them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.