Wednesday, October 12, 2011

4x6 Photo Love Project

I had heard of Shimelle's 4x6 Photo Love series over at Two Peas in a Bucket but have to admit that I hadn't paid much attention to it until I saw September's edition.  What a fantastic idea for scrapping nine, yes nine, 4x6 photos on just one page!

The secret is in making a pocket on the page into which you can insert two double-sided cards of photos.  Very ingenious idea, indeed.  I knew this would be the perfect way for me to document my parents' recent 50th wedding anniversary while being able to include several of the photos we took that evening.

Here's how the page looks when it's all together:


I opted for using a Hambly overlay to make the pocket, as Shimelle did, because I really like the look of the photo cards peeking through from inside the pocket.  I bought the transparency a couple of months ago with no particular plan for it and it turned out to be exactly what I needed for this project.

The front side of the photo cards look like this:


And when you turn them over you have more photos and journaling on the other side:


I absolutely loved this idea the minute I saw it.   It's a great way to document an event where you have many photos but don't necessarily want to be doing multiple scrapbook pages.  For all the details and to watch Shimelle's video on putting together a layout like this, just click here.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. Great job, great layout and great photos. You are rocking the Shimelle inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that one too!!! I also was wanting to make a page like that. Yours turned out beautifully!!! I love the Portrait line from Crate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done the 4x6 series either - but I spent today making the same page! Haven't got it up on the blog yet - but odd that this is your first one too. You've done a lovely job with yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Love Series that includes 4x6 photos of 9 on one page with your combination of colors of Our Day and embellishments and fantastic idea of passing it along. Ann Smith

    ReplyDelete
  5. A terrific take on Shimelle's challenge!! You have really captured the entire day's events here! Loving all the little embellishment clusters on those tabs and I love this crate paper for this LO!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.