Monday, July 11, 2011

A Treasure Hunt of Sorts...Prepping the Paper Doilies

Richard worked this weekend.  He agreed to help another project team with the migration of applications to a new server.  These types of things never go smoothly.  What was originally supposed to be 2 to 3 hours of work on Saturday (or so he was told!) ended up being 22 hours of work stretched over the whole weekend so I was pretty much left on my own for two days.

I decided I would put this time to good use and start prepping supplies for the Embellished Paper Doily project that Jen and I are currently working on.  Richard's work area at home is right beside my scrapping area and much of his weekend was spent on speaker-phone conference calls as issues were discussed, work was carried out and testing was done.  While I was quite enjoying the British accent of one of the fellows in the beginning, I have to admit that by Sunday evening I was seriously wishing that I would never have to listen to the voices of Gatsby, Gerry, Jeff, Jaz or Jamie ever again in my life!  Despite this I did actually manage to get a lot accomplished.

Most of the time my workspace looked something like this:


But the end result was this:


Nine prepped packets brimming with goodness just waiting to be transformed into beautifully embellished paper doilies!  I spent hours going through my entire stash of supplies to find the perfect items needed to re-create Christine's original designs and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Before embarking on this new adventure, Jen and I agreed that we would try our best to use what we already have on hand instead of running out to buy new items.  Apart from buying the window box frames, doilies and some distress ink, we've done a pretty good job so far.  Okay, I won't say that I haven't gone to the LSS a couple of times looking for very specific items, but most times they don't even have what it is I'm looking for.  And in that case there's no choice but to work with the treasure we have and make it work!

Tomorrow is our scrappy get-together day and I can't wait!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! And - holy crap, you're organized! LOL I can't wait to see how it all comes together! :) By the way, the embellies have arrived and they are SHOCKINGLY awesome! My friend Adrienne and I were drooling over them today! Thank you sooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, your packages look yummy! They are so jam packed full! Fun post to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. havebfun, cant wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never throw out anything!!! I've even cut up the packages that things come in for adornments. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.