Friday, July 29, 2011

Pretty Packaging

I ventured down to my scrap room this afternoon and did some reorganizing. This seems to be what I do best with my scrapping supplies! Anyone who follows my blog knows by now that I don't exactly produce a large number of actual layouts! 

I decided to remove some products from their original packaging in order to free up space and in the process I noticed that the back of Basic Grey embellishment packages are really, really nice. Each one features designs from the paper line they belong to and it seemed such a shame to just throw them in the recycling bin. So I got out some of my punches and made these...

2-inch circles:


1-inch circles and starbursts:


I even punched shapes using the part of the package that has the BG logo:


I think these will all be great for layering on layouts with other embellishments or for building up layered flowers.   I'm happy to have turned these beautiful packages into something useful however I can't help but wonder what other packaging I might have discarded in the past without realizing its potential!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. That is a really good idea! I have used some of my Imaginisce packaging for matting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these circles are wonderful!!! I just threw out the packaging of my "Olivia" brads and stopped to gaze at the beauty of the package before tossing it. I might have to go and fish it out! It always feels so good to put packaging to use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea dbnl

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea, Susan! I'm going to have to take a look at mine before I hastily throw them out next time! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.