Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Embellished Paper Doily

So Jen and I were trying to figure out what our next scrappy project would be.  We'd finished the anniversary album, spent weeks making all the cards we'll need until next year, created all sorts of fun homemade embellishments...so what to do next?  Then one evening I was doing a bit of blog surfing and stopped to have a look at the blog of the very talented Christine Middlecamp...and I was thrilled to discover that we could take these Martha Stewart doily tags...


...and with a bit of paper, ribbon, and various odds and ends from our stashes could turn them into a beautiful work of art such as Christine Middlecamp did, which you can see here.

Christine prepared an awesome sixteen part tutorial which takes us step by step through the creation process of each of these wonderful  embellished doilies.  You can find the whole tutorial here.

As soon as I laid my eyes on this very unique piece of art I knew it was the perfect project for Jen and I to tackle over the next couple of months.  We've purchased our paper doilies and window boxes and have started to gather our supplies.  We are trying our best to use what we already have in our stashes to duplicate what Christine has done.  We've also decided to stick pretty close to the original colour scheme.  We figure if we start changing things up and making substitutions we'll probably end up with 16 doilies that really don't look very good together!

So thank you to Christine for creating such a wonderful thing and for sharing her ideas in her tutorial.  We can't wait to get started!  You'll be hearing lots more about our Embellished Paper Doilies in the weeks to come...

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is funny that you mention her!! I just found her and spent a better part of the day going back and looking at her projects on her blog. :) So fun finding her, and she lives in my hubby's home town!!! I love those little tags of Martha's too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to go!!! Got all my goodies out for the first three!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you make, Susan! I haven't seen her blog before so I'll have to go cruise around a little...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.