Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"Just 2 Elk" - Sketch #119 from The Scrappiest

I accomplished three things by doing this layout:

1) I did the weekly sketch challenge at The Scrappiest
2) I used some of the kit I put together inspired by The Counterfeit Kit Challenge
3) I'm finally scrapping some of my vacation photos from last summer!

Can't complain about any of that!  And I'm really happy with the layout - my counterfeit kit seemed to contain lots of pink and red which I don't normally use very much, so I wasn't sure how the kit would work for me but so far I've managed to use the reverse side of several of the papers and avoid the red and pink!


And here's this week's sketch posted at The Scrappiest which was a lot of fun to work with:

Until next time...
Susan :-)

16 comments:

  1. Love the fun and funky title on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love this nature LO!!! The title work really stands out and I love the natural colour palette. So perfect for these terrific photos!! Great how you circled the #2 and I love the cross stitches!! :) My next kit creation may be of a bird photo that I have been stumped on what paper to use. These kits just help in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page, the circle under the photos is really good at drawing the eye to the pics. And I like the mixed title, especially the 'j' being a negative. Very cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the little details on this page like the handstitching. Great colour combo. The touches of red really make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I love your take on the sketch, the colors, the embellies and the little stitching!!! Wonderful job! Thanks for playing at The Scrappiest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog never fails to delight me. This layout is fab! I love everything about it...the negative letter, the circled 2, the choice of PP, the stiching...love it all.
    As you can guess, i am a follower of your blog. I really enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is perfect! Love your papers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures of the Elk. Love the papers and titles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous combination of papers, love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always...this is superb! Love the cross stitches, love the reverse letter in the title, love the little circle around the 2. So appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a cool page, it just is so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful layout! I love all the details. I had to look for a long time to see all the fun things you added to enhance the page, from your choice of patterned paper to the circled '2' in the measuring paper. Love the stitching and layering here. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout-the perfect amount of layering!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - those photos are awesome! And I love how you've sort of pieced them together!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.