Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cardmaking Day #5 - Is Christmas Just Around the Corner?!

Yesterday was another cardmaking day for Jen and I.  This time we tackled our Christmas cards, which may seem a bit weird considering it's only May, but I think this is the only way I'll get handmade cards made for the occasion.  I know if I wait closer to the actual season I'll never get them done.

So I'm happy to say that all of my Christmas cards are ready!  Luckily for me, I only send out a few so it wasn't too hard to finish them all in one sitting, compared to Jen who has about 60 to make and will be at it a while longer!

And here they are:



The inspiration for the majority of these cards was taken from this Paper Crafts magazine:


Next week we're planning on making cards (yes, more cards!) to be donated to a seniors' residence and then we'll probably move onto something different after that.  I'm starting to feel like I've made enough cards for a while!  Poor Jen had visions of us using up all her scraps in the process but the reality of it is that it really doesn't take much paper to make a card.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

2 comments:

  1. Your cards look terrific!! You are definitely an awesome card maker. I would never attempt to create some of these intricate cards!! I counted and I have 21 cards in my stash so now I only have 39 more to go!! I will use up that Christmas stash yet!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, think it's brilliant to start now! You have the right idea starting early! Your cards are super cute and so creative! I love the little snow-swirl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.