Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cardmaking Day #4

#4 already?? Time sure goes by quickly!  Jen and I were at it again yesterday - browsing through magazines, digging through the scraps, creating some fun cards and having a few laughs at the same time. 

I especially like the cupcake birthday card I made.  I used the Cricut to make the cupcakes.  It always feels good to create something with that machine!  I'm not a big fan of Stickles but I do own a couple of bottles and it was the perfect touch to add a bit of sparkle to the icing!

I still need to add the finishing touch to the anniversary card below by adding a "50" to the front for my parents upcoming 50th wedding anniversary.  I haven't yet decided whether to cut the numbers with the Cricut or to look for something gold and glitzy at the LSS.   Less than two months now until the anniversary and then Jen and I will be able to do a full reveal of the album we made so be watching for that in July as we have something fun planned for our followers!


As usual, the designs I used for my cards come from various Paper Crafts magazines, but I mostly used this one this week.  It has a really nice variety of cards for 5 different types of occasions although many of the cards can be adapted to suit any occasion.


I've now made most of the cards I'll be needing up until the end of this year so next week we tackle our Christmas cards.  Christmas in May?  Why not?  Last night I was singing "Let It Snow".  I have to be prepared for Jen's onslaught of carol humming next week!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. Great cards, I {heart} the one with the little aeroplane and the 'hey there' sentiment, so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee Hee and Fa La La La La - La La La La!! Your cards look great! The Stickles looks great and is the perfect touch. I just finished up my last cards and will start getting ready for next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUTSTANDING !!! dbl

    ReplyDelete
  4. More super-cute cards! I can't wait for that big reveal... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.