Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tandem Scrapping

A couple of weeks ago Jen and I decided it would be fun to scrap the identical photograph and then reveal what we came up with on our blogs.  We chose a photo of Thomas and then got to work, not revealing anything at all to each other about what we were using for a sketch, paper, etc.  Of course Jen finished her layout soon after and she's been patiently waiting for me to finish mine!  Today is the day that we publish our blog posts at the same time and get to see the results!

Here's what I came up with:


It was difficult to choose papers to compliment the photo so I decided to keep it very simple and used two sheets from Basic Grey's Basics line and then matched the butterflies to the other colours in the picture.  It was an easy LO to do but the hand stitching around the border and through the butterflies was time-consuming.

I used sketch #143 from Creative Scrappers.

And now I can't wait to check out Jen's blog and see what she did!  You can find her LO here

Until next time...
Susan :-)

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE your take!!!! First off, I love this sketch and am planning on doing it! This LO is stunning in it's simplicity! The butterflies just pop off the page! All the stitching but especially the red journaling stitching is perfect! We should definitely do this again! So much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Love the sketch you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, love it, love it! Your subdued palette really highlights that photo. What a super fun challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee - that was a fast and exciting blog hop - I love seeing how each of you scraps - I really like that you use color and textures that draw you right into the picture. Great touch on the journaling tags with the red stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe! A short blog hop is just the kind I like the best! I really have enjoyed seeing your two different takes on this today. You must do another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are sooo much fun! Love your mini blog hop... and your layout is beautiful too. Thomas is soooo cute even when he is sad/mad!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan. I 'hopped' over here from Jen's blog. You and Jennifer both did such fabulous layouts. I love the simplicity of your page and that little pout is just the cutest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely result for your take , Susan ! love the sketch you've used here ! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.