Friday, March 25, 2011

"Summer Fun" - Sketch #112 from The Scrappiest

I'm really enjoying these weekly challenges from The Scrappiest.  It's a good way for me to finally work with some older photos that I'd put aside to be scrapped a while ago.  This layout was a lot of fun to do, trying to give it a bright summery feel. 

Here's what I came up with:


I used some miscellaneous papers that either Jen gave me recently or I found for 25 cents in the LSS sale bin - can't remember which.  The plaid and the orange sheet are from October Afternoon.  The yellow sheet is from American Crafts.  My title was looking a bit plain so I cut a sun sticker (from Echo Park's Sweet Summertime line) in half and put it behind the word "summer".  I think it added a nice subtle touch to give a summery feel.

This is sketch #112 from The Scrappiest:


The weather still seems unseasonably cold here but we have a fun and busy weekend planned with visiting my parents on Saturday and then a "game day" on Sunday with Jen and Rob.  Wishing you a great weekend too!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

7 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I Love that one!!! The colors and the use of the sketch are perfect!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Susan I LOVE this! You sure did capture the summer feeling! Loving how busy this one is! The mix of papers is amazing and I love all the hand stitching and embellishing! One of my Faves!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clean lines of your scrapping style. Very well done on this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how bright and summery this LO is. Great embellie cluster :) Thanks for playing along at The Scrappiest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page Susan, love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me dream of summer! I can't freaking wait! :) I love that little sun-detail behind the title, and the little dragonfly in the corner. Looks like a fun day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great summery colors together ! Wonderful take on the sketch , Susan !

    p/s : thank you much for your blog visit & well wishes ! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.