Friday, March 18, 2011

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure...

...or to put it another way, one woman's scrappy castoffs are another woman's scrappy windfall!

Jen recently did a bit of a clean-up in her scrapping room to purge some paper and product that she no longer wanted and I was the lucky recipient of all of this.  Score for me!  Included in this little stash were a sheet of red grid paper and a yellow sheet with apples.  These papers looked so nice together and matched well with a blue/red/yellow striped paper that I had just picked up for .25 in the sale bin at the LSS.  I went looking for a photo and found one from 1995 taken of Matthew on the morning of his first day of kindergarten.

I wanted to create a layout that was different from what I normally do.  I found this unique sketch by Julie Bonner:


Then I got to work to create this layout:


It's totally busy and not my style but I love it!  And, I'm so happy to have this little moment of Matthew's life documented.

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. Great LO. Loving the memories of school days. Loved the school theme cards. Great job on matching the boys jackets to the paper. Two thumbs up DBnL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LO is wonderful!! Loving the primary colours. So perfect for a school LO. You have me inspired to try this grid sketch! Loving all the fun embellishing and the variety of paper! What a cute picture of the boys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky lady! I love this LO! The bright colours are so cheerful...man, you are making want to get my scrap room set up RIGHT NOW! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.