Friday, February 11, 2011

Being Home...

This week was pretty much a stay at home week.  Circumstances prevented Jen and I from getting together to work on the anniversary album.  I missed our scrappy time together.  :-(  But on the upside it meant I actually accomplished a bit of my own scrappy stuff and got a layout finished.  When I was at Jen's last week she was showing me a box of awesome photos that my mother gave her a few years ago and I discovered two great photos of my grandparents taken over 50 years ago.  I knew I had to scrap these so I scanned them and had them printed at Costco.


I pulled out my Fancy Pants Designs "Road Show" papers and found just the perfect ones, including that terrific Jane Austen quote that I put under the photos!  I really enjoyed embellishing this layout and finally used some of my coveted items like the fancy kraft paper envelope, the Jenni Bowlin "Buttons" journaling card and that cute metal key.

Here's the Jana Eubank sketch that I used for inspiration:


Today is my hubby's birthday so I'm off to make him a card and bake his favourite pie - lemon meringue.  Happy Birthday Richard! 

Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. Great vintage photos of your grandparents. I like to old look - it really suits the photos (YDBL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your hubby! and your page is precious and so are your grandparents, what a treasure. Have a great and blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is such a wonderful LO of Granny and Grandpa!! WOW!!! Loving the papers, seeing those photos in a bigger size and your layering and embellishing is right up my alley!! I really like the lines around the mat too. Now I want to use my JB buttons too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Susan. Scanning the photos was a great idea! I usually end up just using photo corners when I scrap heritage photos, but reprinting them makes more sense, I think. Unfortunately my grandfather passed away yesterday, so I am heading to BC to be with my dad and my grandma later today. I'm hoping to help get whatever photos we find copied so my sisters and I can all share them - you layout reminds me just how important that is. :)

    PS: It was my boyfriend's birthday yesterday, too! Happy birthday to your husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of those treasured embellies - they were perfect for this wonderful layout. I love the colors and the vibe of your choices. I also really like that bird.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.