Friday, January 7, 2011

Yes, I'm still knitting...

I don't know what the reason is - whether it's moving to Alberta where we're definitely finding it colder than Montreal was, or the relaxation that comes from the rhythmic knitting of stitches, or the fact that my brain loves to count stitches as I make them, or the feeling of satisfaction I get from creating something totally useful from a strand of fibre,  but whatever the reason, I am totally enjoying knitting these days.  Here's my latest creation -


I love this hat!!  I've never been a hat person but living here has changed that and this hat is totally my style - plain and simple and it fits my head perfectly.  I had to knit it on straight needles because I don't know how to knit on a circular needle yet and don't even own one, so that means I had to finish it by sewing a seam up the back.  It wouldn't definitely be nicer without the seam but I'll never see that at the back of my head anyway so I'll just pretend it's not there!  ;-)

My next goal is to figure out how to adjust this pattern to make one that will fit Richard.  Matthew has even asked me if I can make one for him.  Gee, if I dedicated this much time to scrapping I might have finished my layouts for Week 10 of Project 365! 

Until next time...
Susan :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable, Susan! I love this style of touque! :) I hear you on the "dropped stitch" business that you commented about on my blog...I'm currently sitting under a queen-sized afghan I made for Cliff (my only crochet project that I ever finished or that turned out!) and it's super cozy...just don't look at the edges or you'll see how uneven it is! :) Can't wait to see what else you make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.