Saturday, January 8, 2011

Whoever said that Edmonton doesn't get much snow wasn't telling the truth... ;-)

It's a blustery, snowy, busy day here today.  We woke up to a lot of snow and it's been falling steadily all day.

We were happy to see a crew clearing the sidewalks and walkways of our condo complex bright and early this morning but have since learned from a neighbour that that is all we can expect in the snow removal department.  Calling a plow in to clear the parking spaces and road which goes through the complex is expensive and since (apparently) Edmonton doesn't usually get this much snow it's been deemed unnecessary by our condo board.  So we've been shovelling and helping neighbours push their stuck cars and wondering how on earth we're going to get out of here with our small car when we need to.  If there's anything that I will end up missing from Montreal, I think it will probably be the fast, efficient and thorough way that snow removal is done there!

Since we're smack dab in the middle of a snowstorm, I thought it might be fun to think warm, summery thoughts by posting a layout I did for my vacation album of my trip out here to visit Jen last July.


I used papers from Echo Park's Summertime line and this sketch from Scrap A Little! Sketches:


Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. This is great Susan!! This is one of my favourite pictures of you from our vacation! Loving these papers and the double stitching on the circle. Good idea to do something summery! I don't know how everyone will get to work on Monday?? I don't think we would be able to get out of our complex either. All they have done is the path and it is kinda snowed in again. We really don't normally get this much snow here in God's country!! Honest!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my ! what a lotta snow alrite ! so sorry to hear about the slow snow removal ! I can imagine that would be a bane to the residents !

    Thanks so much for dropping by to blog visit , too ! Good to see you all settled in & back at scrappin' ! Always fun to see what you & Jenn get up to. I'm sure you will twice as muchfun this year if not more . ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the big sunny circle! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.