Sunday, January 30, 2011

Welcome to the Knitting Corner...

hee hee...I couldn't resist saying that!  Yes, here I am again with yet another blog post about my knitting endeavours.  I've been busy turning that lovely alpaca into this - a lovely pair of warm mittens and an even lovelier scarf!



Jen felt that wool like this deserved so much more than to just be knit into a plain garter stitch scarf. We needed to do this wool justice by knitting some sort of pattern.  So she found this interesting but simple square pattern and in our infinite "dorkiness" we decided that we must knit matching scarves (to go along with our matching purses and matching knitting totes!)  No wonder certain members of our families tease us and call us "losers", "lame" and "pathetic"!  The only thing I can say in our defense is that Jen is knitting 30 stitches on size 10 needles and I knit 25 stitches on size 10.5 needles.  Not the same scarf at all! ;-)

I've had so much fun lately creating things with yarn but it's time to put my knitting needles aside for a while and focus on some scrapping!  Living so close to a fantastic scrapbooking store now, I've made several trips down there recently and treated myself to a few things - hard to resist when the store is having a 30% off sale on everything!  It really is paradise compared to what was available to me in Quebec.  Now it's time to start using up some of my ever-growing stash because I'm seriously starting to feel like a hoarder!

And having said that, I'm off to reorganize all my paper...

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Susan! I love the square-pattern. I know nothing about knitting so I don't know what it's called! And now, I'm off to the craft room...my new fabric awaits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful!!! Yeah, these scarves are nothing alike.... Robert!!! ;) You are inspiring me to get back on mine and finish it. I just need to try to leave the scrappy world behind for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... they are fabulous! love the stitching in the scarf. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.