Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Lovely Alpaca...

Who knew that this funny-looking creature could produce a wool so wonderful and soft?  Not me!


Jen and I went to a nice little wool shop in downtown Edmonton yesterday (courtesy of Rob being our chauffeur) and had a good time oohing and aahing over all the beautiful yarn from different parts of the world.  As a novice knitter it was slightly overwhelming to me to be surrounded by all the colours and textures of such unique wool, but Jen finally decided that in order to celebrate our newfound passion for knitting, we NEEDED to have some Peruvian Alpaca wool so that we could knit ourselves scarves.  I was treated to three skeins of this lovely stuff!


This wool is totally natural and undyed and is unbelievably soft.  You can feel its warmth when you hold it in your hands and I know it will make a lovely scarf.  As the saleswoman at the shop said to us, "Knitting with quality yarn is not just knitting - it's an experience".  I feel so fortunate to have a sister who shares the same interests as me and even luckier to be living so close to her now!

Lately this blog seems to be more about the "other assorted scraps of my life" and not so much about "my paper passion" but as I write this my work table is a total mess with things I've pulled out to do a layout of little Thomas.  I hope to post something scrappy very soon.

It's an absolutely beautiful day here in Edmonton today - bright, sunny and warm - a welcomed change from the cold snap we've just been through and perfect weather for the weekend.  I hope all of you have a great one!

Until next time...
Susan :-)

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, what fun! I can't wait to see what you make, Susan! By the way, I've been meaning to tell you that getting cards in the mail is one of my goals this year...but so far I'm off to a rough start! I promise yours will be in the mail soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the knitting celebration begin!! That shop was so much fun! Can't wait to see your next LO of Thomas but in the meantime you are rocking the knitting scene!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.... thank you for posting this, awesome! Can't wait to see what you will make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.