Friday, November 26, 2010

Greetings from the Long Lost Blogger...

I figure it's about time I popped in with a blog post!  Our family is moving from eastern to western Canada in about two weeks and life has become totally filled with all the preparations needed to make this happen.  Richard and I spent a week in Edmonton recently looking for a house and after many ups and downs we were successful in finding what we hope is the perfect place for us.  Although I won't be living in the same town as my sister, Jen, it is still fairly close to where she lives and I'll also be living within easy driving distance of one of the best scrapbooking stores I've ever seen!  Needless to say, my scrappy time will be very limited for the next while as we make this move and then get settled in but I'm looking forward to the day when my little scrapping area is set up and ready for me again.

In the meantime, I thought I'd post a layout I did using a photo of Jen's girls, Diane and Lisa, which I took during my summer vacation this past July.  Most of the papers I used were from the April Paper Poppy kit.  The goofy little bird in the upper left corner is from Basic Grey and is there as a reminder of how goofy and giggly these two girls were acting as I tried to take their picture. :-)

 
I used this sketch from Let's Capture These Sketches.


Until next time...
Susan :-)

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Susan! I'm glad you got in a little scrappy time before you had to get down to packing! I've done a long distance move (granted, not as far as yours! Only BC - AB) and it's a huge undertaking! I'm sure you'll be very happy in your new place, though, and thrilled to be in the same town as your sister! By the way - the flowers arrived! Thank you so very, very much! They are even more beautiful in person! I was waiting for just the right project to post with them, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it (super busy lately - boo!) so I might just have to post about the flowers themselves! Thanks again, Susan! You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan I love this LO! The crackle painted flowers and white ink is great! Yeah, they were silly girls that day. Fun to see a post! Soon you will be settled in your scrappy area and running around the corner for scrappy supplies! Luck-yyyyyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for your upcoming move to Alberta - great layout of Rob and Jen's girls - they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Susan! Just wanted to pop in and say that I'm thinking about you this weekend, since your post from two weeks ago said you'd be moving around this time. I hope it's gone smoothly and hasn't been too cold for you! Looking forward to your next post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's me again...LOL! I just wanted to let you know that I used one of your gorgeous little flowers on a layout today! The post goes up on Friday! :) Thank you so much again, Susan! Hope all is well in your new place, and Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.